|Date:||05-06 February 2022|
|Start Location:||Shangrila Campgrounds
12788 SW 69th Ct, Ocala, FL 34473
|Registration Fee Schedule|
|Online Only||Onsite Only|
|Processing Fees||PLUS Processing Fees|
|Reg Period Start Date|
|Reg Period End Date|
|Start Times / Routes / Distances / Maps|
|About This Event|
|The Huracan 300 Challenge is the ULTIMATE OFF-ROAD ENDURANCE EXPERIENCE in the state of Florida.
The route features over 100-miles of singletrack, many remote miles of double track forest roads and abandoned paths, and a few miles of pavement here-and-there. During the route, riders cross numerous forests, The Cross Florida Greenway, two mountain bike parks and miles of some of Florida’s longest and hardest climbs. That’s right, we said long and hard.
This year there is only one available class and that is Solo Self Supported. No stages, just ride ’till you finish.
The fastest overall time gets all the glory. Sound like a challenge?
RIDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO IMMEDIATELY CONTACT RESERVE AMERICA ONLINE OR VIA PHONE TO RESERVE A CAMPSITE FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU PLAN TO BE ON THE ROUTE. PLEASE CHOOSE Shangri La Campground IS THE CLOSEST TO THE START. If you do not get a spot, contact the organizer via phone or email immediately.
Please checks the RULES, any rule violation results in a severe time penalty.
The Huracan Challenge is a loop – you finish where you begin.
Total mileage +/-300 miles.
The event begins: Saturday, February 1st at 9 am. At Shangri La trailhead and riders can choose to go clock wise or counter clockwise.
The entry fee collected for this event is to help offset the cost associated with the continued development and caretaking of the routes, there are no prizes, this is a ride for HONOR and bragging rights. The Fee you pay gets you the ride file, waypoint gpx and the route gpx plus a souvenir, there are NO REFUNDS.
ITT format is the original and hardest category to ride. You agree to complete the route under your own power following the self-supported rules with no pre-arranged outside assistance.
To navigate the route a GPX file will be provided. From that file, riders may make their own cue sheets and print their own map.
1. Riders must complete the loop on their bike, being propelled in no way shape or form by a motor vehicle and following the route provided in the GPX within a 100-foot deviation.
2. ALL riders may draft and assist one another freely during the event. Riders are able to assist or help each other in any way they see fit while on route. This is to bring about a sense of camaraderie and brotherhood (sisterhood). Some riding ITT may feel it more pure to not draft, or take food and water. Honorable, but not against the rules to do so for this event. Be nice, and ask if you can draft….
3. If at any time a rider enters, climbs or rides in any type of motor vehicle, he is officially withdrawing from the challenge and his time will no longer be counted or recognized.** Exceptions can be made under extreme circumstances of medical duress. If at any time you feel your life is in danger or something is not right, the rules of the challenge mean nothing. I assure you to an extreme degree that your life is more important. Always, always, always, consider your safety to be the most important element of completing this challenge.**
4. Use of GPS, cell phones and any navigational apps are allowed anytime during the event, BUT MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO CHECK TRACKLEADERS.COM FOR OTHER RACERS LOCATION.
5. Use of public/private/commercial/Trail Magic/ services is allowed any time during the race. Trail Magic is the kindness of a stranger and works of the philosophy that it is a possible resource available to any other racer on the course.
6. The clock starts at the beginning of the stage at 8 am and stops when you reach the finish. There is only one stage – rest as you need, but the clock keeps ticking.
7. Recognition will be acknowledged if a rider sets a new record for completing the route.
8. You must start and end the event on the same bike with which you began the event.
9. For safety, riders are required to carry a satellite tracking unit. Details on how to obtain the unit will be shared with racers via email.