|Intracoastal Waterway Century|
|Date:||Sunday 30 October 2022|
|Start Location:||City of Cocoa Civic Center
430 Delannoy Ave, Cocoa, FL 32922
|Registration Fee Schedule|
|Online Only||Online Only||Online Only||Online Only|
|Quarter Metric Century||14|
|Processing Fees||NO Processing Fees on CAAM Tour Series Events!|
|Reg Period Start Date||01 Aug 2022||17 Oct 2022||30 Oct 2022|
|Reg Period End Date||31 Jul 2022||16 Oct 2022||29 Oct 2022||30 Oct 2022|
|Start Times / Routes / Distances / Maps|
|14||Quarter Metric Century||158||Map|
|About This Event|
The Spacecoast Freewheelers are proud to host the 31st Annual IntraCoastal Waterway Century
This ride will have you cycling alongside and over the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway. Brevard’s most beautiful natural and historical landmarks also lay along this course—including the Kennedy Space Center Complex. In one day you will ride by Rocket Gardens, over sailboats, through wildlife preserves, and under shady oaks lining charming neighborhood roads. This course begs you to savor its delightful sights—and maybe even stop for a few spectacular photos.
A few highlights:
• Cycle right through the home of heroes and legends—the Kennedy Space Center— where you’ll pass near the Rocket Gardens, launch pads, and the center’s impressive 60-acre solar farm.
• Relish riding through the shady Pine Island Conservation Area and 880-acre Wildlife Sanctuary while you watch for alligators and marvel at one of the oldest standing structures in Florida—the historic Sam House.
• Peddle along the edge of the Indian River Lagoon, side-by-side with the manatees and Great Blue Herons. The sweet river breeze will keep you going.
• Take in the quaint 125-year-old Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church with its Carpenter Gothic Style and iconic-looking graveyard.
• Wind through Crooked Mile Road and the enchanting homesteads on Merritt Island. Some date back to the turn of the century and were once pineapple and citrus farms.
• Spot the classic, rod-iron-gated Georgiana Cemetery with its moss-dripping oaks; it’s sure to capture your imagination as you cruise by. And one special curve is home to a lovely church that was built with lumber delivered by sailboat from St. Augustine in 1886.
• Coast over the finish line and celebrate completing your ride in the riverfront town of Cocoa Village with a post-ride meal.
This year’s event takes place Sunday, October 28, starting at 8:00am from the Cocoa Civic Center in downtown Cocoa Village, FL. This is a fully-supported ride that includes stocked SAG/Rest Stops, roving SAG/mechanical support, a light breakfast and a hearty refreshing dinner after the ride.
The ICWC offers four route options:
And for those not riding, there are plenty of local activities in and around the riverside Cocoa Village. Bring your loved ones for a relaxing day where you can stroll the Indian River walkway, explore quaint boutiques housed in historic buildings, eat old fashioned ice cream, or rest a spell at a Victorian coffee house, English pub, Bavarian biergarten or American bistro.
Everyone will be in for a memorable day, on or off the bike.
|Weather Cancellation Policy|
|This is a Rain or Shine Event. No Refunds or Transfers|
The safety of our participants and volunteers is our most important concern and if any of the threatening weather conditions are present the day of the event (tornado warning, tornado watch, thunderstorm, heavy rain or a hurricane decides to visit), the event may be delayed or canceled.
When weather conditions or other physical conditions present a danger to participants, such conditions fall under the label “acts of mother nature,” it will not result in refunding of any event entry fees or future event credits, since funds were already spent in preparation for your event day.